Ms. VanderStel's Blog

Updates from Room 201

on February 19, 2018

This week’s homework is titled, Week of Feb. 19 Homework.  It contains Real World Problems and Division Properties.  Please have your child complete it on Study Island before next Monday.  Also, there are a handful of students that either 1/2 completed or didn’t start the homework from last week.  Please complete that first.

Spelling and grammar will look a little different for a while, probably throughout the rest of the year.  These two subjects are going to alternate weeks.  This week we are focusing on grammar and so there are NO SPELLING WORDS for this week!! 🙂 We have been writing and typing constructed responses in class and this is taking away from the spelling and grammar time, so I needed to shift some things around.

Social Studies

The History tests were FANTASTIC!  I am so proud of how well the students did on the test.  Those will be sent home tomorrow.  Next we will study Michigan Government.

We started our 2nd book club book.  The students are handling their book clubs and being willing to discuss their readings.  I am very impressed with how well the groups are communicating.